Staying fit & healthy isn't all it's cracked up to be. It takes time, effort, dedication and a bloody good sense of humour. I often talk about the good & bad, but here's the downright ugly...
- You spend more on gym & running clothes and gear than you do on your regular wardrobe. The wardrobe that you probably wear for more hours of the day. Yep.
- Going for a run and forgetting a tissue to wipe your nose with. Lift my vest up and use that? Sure... Why not?
- Your entire house turning into a laundry carousel of lycra. I make endless apologies to visitors about the sheer number of running and cycling gear on a constant wash / dry rotation
- Forgetting a hair bobble at the gym. This is a real struggle... *may* have used one I found on the gym changing room floor once. Zero f***s given.
- While we're on hair, washing your hair as few times a week as you can feasibly get away with. Dry shampoo for days on end is completely acceptable, right?
- Becoming obsessed with other girls' bodies. A little tricky to explain when the boyf wonders howcomes his 'suggested' photo feed in Instagram is absolutely full to bursting of fit girls' abs and bottoms
- Not having your 'gym-gear friendly' undercrackers on. You know the ones - they don't cause any lumps and bumps under lycra. So you treat fellow gym-goers to your hugely attractive VPL.... Or go commando
- When you've packed your bag for 'leg day' and you realise you've brought your leggings that go REALLY see-through when stretched. A small crowd gathers when you squat, and they're not admiring your form. Awks.
- Consuming gallons of water and spending much of your working day getting up to go to the toilet and being convinced colleagues think you've got a problem.
- Trying to retain some dignity while taking off a sports bra after a run or a workout. The struggle is real, people.
Thanks to friends, relatives & fellow gym-goers and runners who inspired the contents of this post. Got your own? Comment below - let's share the pain!